The following is a timeline that allows ample time for conducting necessary conversations on campus, including communication with campus departments as necessary, and for coordination with IDEA for survey delivery.
At a minimum, departments/institutions should allow two weeks at the front end of the implementation process. Most surveys are open for two weeks, though campuses can choose a longer or shorter period of time. IDEA requires up to 10 days to run the data and distribute the report.
- 1-2 months prior to survey start date: Review Best Practices for Chairs and determine survey start and end dates
- 2-4 weeks prior to survey start date: Prepare Campus Environment (see Best Practices and Implementation Guide)
- 2-3 weeks prior to survey start date: Email info@IDEAedu.org to obtain the IDEA Feedback for Chairs Survey Request Form
- 1-2 weeks prior to survey start date: Complete and submit IDEA Feedback System for Chairs Survey Request Form; IDEA will email Primary Contact with confirmation that survey is established and will begin on the requested date
- 1-4 weeks during survey administration: Chair Self-Assessment and Faculty Perceptions of Chairs are open, reminder emails sent at requested frequency to non-respondents
- 1 week prior to survey end date: Initial response rate information is emailed to Primary Contact, update emails are provided to Primary Contact approximately every other work day until survey end
- 1-2 days after survey end date: Final response rate information emailed to Primary Contact, survey data submitted for processing
- 10 business days after survey end date: Final Report is emailed to Primary Contact; invoice is emailed to Billing Contact. Payment may be made by institutional check or credit/purchasing card