- Kuh, George D. 2008. High-Impact Educational Practices: What They Are, Who Has Access to Them, and Why They Matter, AAC&U.
- Eyler, Janet S., Dwight E.Giles, Jr., Christine M. Stenson, and Charlene J. Gray. 2001 “At a Glance: What We Know about the Effects of Service Learning on College Students, Faculty, Institutions and Communities, 1993-2001.”
- Astin, Alexander W. and Linda J. Sax. 1998. “How Undergraduates Are Affected by Service Participation.” Journal of College Student Development. 39(3): 251-63.
- Wilkinson, Noel. 2012. “Integrating Service-Learning into an Online Course.” Weber University.
- Strait, Jean R. and Timothy Sauer. 2004. “Constructing experiential learning for online courses: the birth of e-service.” Educause Quarterly. January.
- Guthrie, Kathy L. and Holly McCracken. 2010. “Teaching and Learning Social Justice through Online Service-Learning Courses.” The International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning. 11(3): 1-9.
- Waldner, Leora S., Sue Y. McGorry, and Murray C. Widener. 2012. “E-Service-Learning: The Evolution of Service-Learning to Engage a Growing Online Student Population.” Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement. 16(2): 123-50.
- Mercer, Sterett H., Vincent Ilustre, Devi Miron, Barbara E. Moely. 2002. “Psychometric Properties and Correlates of the Civic Attitudes and Skills Questionnaire (CASQ): A Measure of Students’ Attitudes Related to Service-Learning.” Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning. 8(Spring): 15-26.
- Imagining America. 2016. “Integrated Assessment” website. Imagining America.
- Clayton, Patti, Robert Bringle, Bryanne Senor, Jenny Huq, and Mary Morrison. 2010. “Differentiating and Assessing Relationships in Service-Learning and Civic Engagement: Exploitative, Transactional, or Transformational.” Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning. Spring: 5-22.
- Marullo, Sam and Bob Edwards.2000. “From Charity to Justice” American Behavioral Scientist.43(5):895-909.
- Ward, Kelly and Lisa Wolf-Wendell. 2000. “Community-Centered Service Learning: From Doing For to Doing With.” American Behavioral Scientist. 43: 767-80.
- Stoecker, Randy and Elizabeth A. Tryon, Eds. 2009. The Unheard Voices: Community Organizations and Service Learning, Temple University Press.
- Marullo, Sam, Deanna Cooke, Jason Willis, Alexandra Rollins, Jacqueline Burke, Paul Bonilla and Vanessa Waldref. 2003. “Community-°©‐Based Research Assessments: Some Principles and Practices.” Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning. Spring: 57‐68
Berman, S. 2006. Service Learning: A guide to planning, implementing, and assessing student projects (2nd ed.) Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.
Boyer, Ernest. 1996. “The scholarship of engagement.” Journal of Public Service and Outreach. 1(1).
Bridger, Jeffrey C. and Theodore R. Alter. 2006. “The Engaged University, Community Development, and Public Scholarship,” Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement, 11(1)
Bringle, Robert and Julie Hatcher. 2002. “Campus-Community Partnerships.” Journal of Social Issues. 58(3): 503-16.
Bringle, Robert, Patti Clayton, and Mary Price. 2009. “Partnerships in Service Learning and Civic Engagement.” Partnerships: A Journal of Service Learning & Civic Engagement. 1(1): 1-20.
Butin, Dan W., Ed. 2005. Service-Learning in Higher Education: Critical Issues and Directions. Palgrave Macmillan.
Campus Compact. 2001. Fundamentals of Service-Learning Course Construction. RI: Campus Compact, pp 2–7, 9.
Center for Teaching and Learning, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis. 2010. “Recommended Guidelines for Selecting a Service Site”
Colby, Anne, Thomas Ehrlich, Elizabeth Beaumont, Jason Stephens. 2003. Educating Citizens: Preparing America’s Undergraduates for Lives of Moral and Civic Responsibility. Jossey-Bass and the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
Corporation for National and Community Service. 1999. “Using the PARE Model in Service Learning.”
Corporation for National and Community Service. 2000. “Outlining steps for planning, implementing, and assessing a service-learning project.” Corporation for National and Community Service.
Enos. S. and M. Troppe. 1996. “Service-learning in the curriculum.” In B. Jacoby (Ed), Service-Learning in Higher Education: Concepts and Practices, 156-181, 1996.
Eyler, Janet S., Dwight E. Giles, and Angela Schmiede. 1996. A Practitioner’s Guide to Reflection in Service-Learning, Vanderbilt University Press.
Facing the Future. 2005. “Service Learning Framework.”
Geiger, Elke. 2010. “Service Learning Toolbox: Work Pages and Checklists to Help You Get Started and to Keep You Going.” Northwest Regional Educational Laboratory. Portland.
Gelmon, S. B. , B. Holland, A. Driscoll, A. Spring, and S. Kerrigan. 2001. Assessing service-learning and civic engagement: Principles and techniques. Campus Compact
Gray, Charlene J., James M. Heffernan, Michael H. Norton. 2008. Partnerships that Work: The Stories and Lessons from Campus/Community Collaborations. Campus Compact.
Jacoby, Barbara and Associates, Eds. 2003. Building Partnerships for Service Learning. Jossey-Bass.
—–, Eds. 2009. Civic Engagement in Higher Education: Concepts and Practices. Jossey-Bass.
Hatcher, Julie A. 1998. Service learning tip sheets: A faculty resource guide, Indiana Campus Compact.
Heffernan, Kerrissa. 2001. Fundamentals of Service-Learning Course Construction. Campus Compact.
Holland, Barbara. 2000. “The Engaged Institution and Sustainable Partnerships: Key Characteristics and Effective Change Strategies.” Presented at HUD Regional Conference, San Diego. December.
Howard, Jeffrey, ed., 2001. Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning: Service-Learning Course Design Workbook, University of Michigan: OCSL Press.
Maurrasse, David J. 2001. Beyond the Campus: How Colleges and Universities Form Partnerships with their Communities. Routledge.
Saltmarsh, John, Matt Hartley, and Patti Clayton. 2009. “Democratic Engagement White Paper.” NERCHE. pp 1-15.
Strait, Jean R. and Marybeth Lima, Eds. 2009. The Future of Service Learning: New Solutions for Sustaining and Improving Practice. Stylus Publishing.
Strand, Kerry J., Nicholas Cutforth, Randy Stoecker, Sam Marullo and Patrick Donahue. 2003. Community-Based Research and Higher Education: Principles and Practices. Jossey-Bass.
University of Minnesota’s Community Service Learning Center. 2010. “Benefits of Service Learning.” University of Minnesota’s Community Service Learning Center.
Zlotkowski, Edward , Nicholas V. Longo, and James R. Williams, Eds. 2006. Students As Colleagues: Expanding the Circle of Service-Learning Leadership. Campus Compact.
©2016 The IDEA Center
This document may be reproduced for educational/training activities. Reproduction for publication or sale may be done only with prior written permission of The IDEA Center.