2018 Grant Guidelines and Application
For 2018, the Impact Grant Program is focusing on areas of research interest to IDEA. The Impact Grant Program is open to US-based higher education institutions (colleges and universities) and we welcome proposals from both IDEA client-partners and non-clients.
This year, the process will be in two parts:
- A two-page Letter of Inquiry
(see bottom of this webpage for the online application)
- Invited Full Proposals
IDEA welcomes proposals that examine the effects of integrating multiple measures of teaching effectiveness (e.g., student ratings of instruction [SRI], peer ratings, instructor self-assessment) into faculty development and/or evaluation in higher education, and methods for increasing student response rates to SRI* at higher education institutions.
Examples of possible research questions on faculty development and/or evaluation:
- What are the effects of receiving student feedback at mid-semester on end-of-course student ratings?
- Are the effects of student feedback enhanced when combined with consultation?
- What are the effects of student feedback and consultation on student ratings across courses taught by the same instructor?
- How might multiple sources of evidence be integrated into a balanced teaching evaluation system?
Examples of possible research questions on student response rates:
- What are the effects of group incentives on response rates to student ratings?
- What student characteristics distinguish early from late responders to student ratings?
* For the grant program, the term - Student Ratings of Instruction (SRI) - is used to cover all formal student feedback or evaluation programs used to measure learning.
- Each applicant is eligible for one grant in an amount not to exceed $10,000
- Timeframe for grant implementation should span no more than two years
Letter of Inquiry is due by 4:00 p.m. Central Time on March 6, 2018
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Special thanks to Lead Mentor Develop for being a sponsor of our 2018 Impact Grants.