Snapshot is an easy and effective way to gather actionable feedback on things that matter in your classroom.
Piloted Snapshot modules include:
- Rapport - gathers student feedback on student-faculty engagement and rapport.
- Course Design - gathers student feedback on elements of your course design and quality that lead to effective learning.
The questions have been developed by our team of experts and are focused on components of strong co-learning environments such as interaction, organization and effective feedback.
Additional Snapshot modules
||Online Course Design
||Inclusion and Diversity
SNAPSHOT HIGHLIGHTS AND FEATURES
Snapshot is easy to understand and implement, and produces meaningful and powerful feedback!
Snapshot can be used by a single faculty member, a department, or adopted at the university level and can be implemented mid-term or end-of-term.
Select one, or combine two or more modules to gather feedback for your course(s).
Results are delivered within days with feedback broken down by module.
Results include actionable suggestions for faculty exploration, meant to increase faculty and student success.
The feedback is benchmarked so that you can compare your results with IDEA's national database.
Set-up is easy with most of the work done by IDEA staff.
Snapshot is confidential.
module components and definitions
Engagement and Rapport
- Enthusiasm - can articulate why field is important; can elicit excitement for subject
- Fairness - sense of fairness around examinations, grading
- Motivation - Challenging the student to perform to the best of his/her ability
- Mutual understanding - connection with student; student/faculty contact
- Interaction - student interaction for peer to peer learning
Course Design and Quality
- Organization - goals are clearly articulated, structure makes sense
- Rigor - course is stimulating and challenging
- Effective teaching - active learning, helpful assignments
- Breadth of coverage - fully understanding the subject at hand
- Effective feedback - uses feedback to guide learning
Summary Questions (optional for any module)
- Overall, I would recommend this instructor to other students.
- Overall, I would recommend this course to other students.