IDEA Consulting Solutions: Balanced Faculty Evaluation
Start improving faculty performance today - let IDEA staff help you create a comprehensive and fair faculty evaluation process.
Creating a system of faculty evaluation that contributes to a fair and effective tenure and promotion process can be a challenge. Have you encountered these obstacles on your campus?
- a process that is too dependent on student feedback alone
- unclear faculty communication on the evaluation process
- a performance review process that is considered punitive
- lack of focus on improving teaching or formative development
- poor preparation by chairs and deans in their evaluation of faculty
how idea can help
IDEA specialists are experienced in helping campuses create a balanced faculty evaluation process that considers an array of data in evaluating how well faculty teach. Faculty evaluation should be comprehensive, and fair, and include the voice of the student as well as other sources of information such as peer feedback, portfolios, or self-reflection. Let us help you develop a balanced process at your institution that fits your campus priorities and needs.