Student Ratings of Instruction
The IDEA Student Ratings of Instruction (SRI) is like no other system available for translating informative course feedback into actionable steps to improve student learning.
Students give feedback on teaching and learning based on their direct course experience, providing faculty with relevant information that when coupled with IDEA’s robust resources - such as our research and teaching and learning support - can ultimately guide and strengthen teaching.
what makes Idea's student ratings of instruction stand out?
- Our instrument is built on more than 45 years of research. No other course feedback system has our rich history.
- The SRI, powered by Campus Labs, our technology partner, is built on an interactive, user-friendly, accessible online platform. Easy for students to use and easy for faculty to implement.
- The system controls for extraneous circumstances (e.g. class size, student motivation), and provides comparative scores.
- Faculty receive customized reports with feedback including proven resources for improvement in highly specified areas.
- Faculty and administrators can easily integrate data into program planning, decision making, and institutional review processes.
- Campuses can align their use of IDEA systems with their particular accreditation or professional standards program with easy-to-use resources to track, document, and report progress.
Take a quick tour of our student ratings of instruction (it's a really good overview!)
Want to know more? Take a deeper look at the tools that make up our Student Ratings of Instruction.