Learning Essentials Overview
The following items have been added (+) or removed (-) from the Learning Outcomes* Student Ratings Instrument. For more information on the rationale behind the changes, refer to the Diagnostic Feedback Crosswalk.
+ Gaining a basic understanding of the subject (e.g., factual knowledge, methods, principles, generalizations, theories)
+ Developing knowledge and understanding of diverse perspectives, global awareness, or other cultures
+ Learning how to find, evaluate, and use resources to explore a topic in depth
+ Developing ethical reasoning and/or ethical decision making
+ Learning to apply knowledge and skills to benefit others or serve the public good
+ Learning appropriate methods for collecting, analyzing, and interpreting numerical information
- Gaining factual knowledge (terminology, classifications, methods, trends)
- Learning fundamental principles, generalizations, or theories
- Learning how to find and use resources for answering questions or solving problems
- Developing a clearer understanding of, and commitment to, personal values
- Acquiring an interest in learning more by asking my own questions and seeking answers
Student and course characteristics
- As a result of taking this course, I have more positive feelings toward this field of study
*The name of the instrument has been changed from Learning Outcomes to Learning Essentials.