The Operations Specialist will provide management and operational support in the areas of products and services, strategic planning, financial activities and client communications. This position will support the President and the Senior Financial and Operations Officer.
This position will be based at The IDEA Center's home office in Manhattan, KS.
- Develop, document and administer client operational support activities for IDEA products and services
- Act as internal resource for company wide strategic planning activities and training
- Manage the internal/external contract process for IDEA partners and clients
- Conduct research, collect and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
- Coordinate company wide events, programs and communications
- Participate in various financial activities, which includes accounts receivable transactions
- Implement accounting control procedures, as well as documentation of those procedures
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- Provide management support for business travel, sponsorship events and meetings
- Prepare work papers to record historical sales data and historical expense data
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
- Monitor, screen and respond to incoming client communications to ensure quality of services
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- Three to five years relevant administrative/business operations experience
- A high degree of professionalism (communication, presence, work ethic)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet deadlines within a dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- A client service mindset and a sense of urgency in answering requests
- Candidates must be able to multitask, juggle competing deadlines and able to tolerate ambiguity in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities
- Mature judgment and decision making ability as well as dependability
- Positive personality and team-oriented approach to work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Note: The duties, responsibilities and qualifications in this position description are representative categories only. These general guidelines do not constitute an exhaustive list of qualifications or essential functions for the position. There may be duties assigned or requests made of the person employed in this position that are not listed above. This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience.The IDEA Center offers an excellent benefit package.
Please submit a letter of application, which states salary requirements (required), a current resume and contact information for three professional references to Human Resources at Human.Resources@IDEAedu.org. Screening of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
The IDEA Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.